I don’t know how many of you out there use the commvault backup system however I know the process of getting it to grab Exchange 2007 mailboxes on Windows Server 2008 is quite the ordeal. However after much frustration I have a resolution and will document the steps.
- Build Windows Server 2008
- Install and configure Exchange 2007 mailbox role
- Install and Patch the 64bit CommVault File System and Exchange database iData agents (the 64bit file system agent will be used to backup the file system)
- Add the following Registry Hive: HKLMSOFTWAREWow6432NodeGalaxyInstallerFlags
- Add the following Registry keys underneath: DWORD bAllow32BitInstallOn64Bit = 1 DWORD bAllowMultiInstances = 1
- Download and install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1
- Disable UAC
- Create a User account for the CommVault backup. The account must hold the following exchange roles: Exchange Org Admin, Exchange View Only Admin, Exchange Server Admin on the mailbox server.
- Install 32bit CommVault mailbox, public folders (if using) and file system (required) iData Agents.
- Make sure all iData agents are up to date.
That’s it! 10 steps I know but when they aren’t documented it’s alot of guess work to go wrong.